Dig out your gym gear for centre’s charity workout
- Credit: Archant
Witchford Village College Sports Centre is preparing to host a Christmas charity workout, and keep-fit fanatics are being encouraged to take part.
With 45 spaces and a target of £200, the centre wants to round off 2014 by raising much-needed funds for charity.
All money raised at the event, which takes place on December 23, from 7.30-9pm, will be going to B-EAT, which raises awareness of eating disorders across the UK.
Jamie Douglas, centre manager, said: “The charity event is the perfect way to round off what has been a fantastic year for the sports centre.
“I have witnessed first-hand what an eating disorder can do to those who are diagnosed with the illness and the people closest to them. It’s a heart-breaking condition and hopefully our event will help raise awareness of it to the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
If you wish to make a donation as part of the event, call the sports centre on 01353 646421, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on eating disorders, visit www.b-eat.co.uk
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face