Dig out your gym gear for centre’s charity workout
- Credit: Archant
Witchford Village College Sports Centre is preparing to host a Christmas charity workout, and keep-fit fanatics are being encouraged to take part.
With 45 spaces and a target of £200, the centre wants to round off 2014 by raising much-needed funds for charity.
All money raised at the event, which takes place on December 23, from 7.30-9pm, will be going to B-EAT, which raises awareness of eating disorders across the UK.
Jamie Douglas, centre manager, said: “The charity event is the perfect way to round off what has been a fantastic year for the sports centre.
“I have witnessed first-hand what an eating disorder can do to those who are diagnosed with the illness and the people closest to them. It’s a heart-breaking condition and hopefully our event will help raise awareness of it to the local area.”
If you wish to make a donation as part of the event, call the sports centre on 01353 646421, or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information on eating disorders, visit www.b-eat.co.uk
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say