Diamond Sutton couple Olive and Ron celebrate 65 years of being married
- Credit: Archant
A Sutton couple are a pair of diamonds after celebrating 65 years of being married.
Olive and Ron Sculthorpe, who met at a local dance, celebrated with family.
Ron worked as a farmer and Olive taught at Sutton Primary school before the pair got married.
They had children Liz, James Angela and Jane.
When asked the secret of a long happy marriage they said: “If we told you it wouldn’t be a secret!” but agreed that marriage is all about learning to give and take.
You may also want to watch:
Mr and Mrs Sculthorpe received a congratulatory card from the Queen.
The couple married in 1950 on July 22 at St Andrew’s Church, Sutton.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The picture shows them holding a photo from their wedding album.
They have four children, eight grandchildren and seven great grandchildren.