Diabetes focus of new health forum
LITTLEPORT dietician Claire Partington will be giving a presentation at a special health forum about diabetes. Claire, senior community dietician, based at the village s E-Space, will be taking part in the forum organised by East Cambridgeshire and Fenlan
LITTLEPORT dietician Claire Partington will be giving a presentation at a special health forum about diabetes.
Claire, senior community dietician, based at the village's E-Space, will be taking part in the forum organised by East Cambridgeshire and Fenland Primary Care Trust.
The event is taking place next Friday at Doddington Recreation Hall in Doddington Hospital at noon.
Claire will be joined by Janet Mandley, diabetes nurse facilitator based at Fenland View, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
The forum will begin with a sandwich lunch followed by presentations including an overview of diabetes, glycaemic control, treatments, steps to a healthy diet and weight reduction.
A question and answer session will follow and the forum will end with small discussion groups.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
All information gathered at the forum will be fed back in a newsletter to all members.
Anyone interested in booking a place or finding out more information should contact Kirstie Flack, PCT assistant communications and public involvement manager, on 01353 654231 or by email at mailto:kirstie.flack@eastcambsand fenland-pct.nhs.uk.