Dewdrop, Lily and Harry need loving owners - meet them at homing day in Soham this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
The Ely & District branch of Cats Protection will host its annual homing day in Soham this weekend.
Taking place on Saturday September 9 at the Methodist Church Hall in Berrycroft, Soham, CB7 5BL, it will be open from 11am to 1pm.
“This event will provide prospective new owners with the perfect opportunity to meet some of the cats that are currently being cared for by our branch and are seeking a new forever home,” said press and publicity officer Rachel Edwards.
“Refreshments will be available and the Cats Protection stall will be well stocked with cat related items, gifts, Christmas cards, calendars and bric-a-brac.”
Admission is £1 per adult with accompanied children getting in free.
You may also want to watch:
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity.
A spokesman for the charity said: “Our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“The Ely and District branch cares for and homes hundreds of cats and kittens every year, promotes and supports the neutering of cats in the area and provides information to improve understanding of all aspects of cat care.”
Looking for a home
Dewdrop is a lovely 12-year-old female. She has been a much-loved cat, so is looking for a quiet home with adults. She came to us when her owner had to move to residential accommodation and was unable to take her. She is looking for her forever happy home.
Not much is known about Lily who came to us as a stray. She is about a year old, very petite and pretty. She likes to play and have a fuss on her terms.
Harry is an eight-year-old male who was given to Cats Protection when his owner went into sheltered accommodation. He’s very friendly and affectionate and is good with cats and dogs. He will need access to a garden.