Developer unveils plans for up to 250 new homes near Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Plans for hundreds of new homes in Littleport as part of a mixed-use development have been unveiled.
A public consultation is to be held on plans to build up to 250 homes and 4,000sq m of businesses space between Woodfen Road and the A10.
Before a formal planning application is submitted in the autumn, a consultation event will be held at Littleport Village Hall to invite feedback.
Ely-based property consultants Cheffins has been co-ordinating the plans for the site, which will set out the main points of access, the general layout of buildings, open spaces and landscaping.
The outline application will seek permission for up to 250 residential properties – 30 per cent of which, the developer says, will be affordable housing.
You may also want to watch:
The plan also includes around 4,000 sq m of business space, which is likely to include units for both light and general industrial use.
Ben Pridgeon, senior planner with Cheffins, said: “We’d like to invite local residents, businesses and stakeholders to comment on the draft masterplan for the site.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
“Experienced staff from Cheffins will be on hand at the consultation event to answer any questions and there will be the opportunity to complete feedback forms.
“The comments will then be used to help us shape our final proposals and address any issues that might arise.”
The consultation event will take place at Littleport Village Hall on July 13 between 4pm and 8pm.
For those who cannot attend, copies of the masterplan and exhibition boards will be available to view at the parish council offices.
Alternatively, people can also contact Ben Pridgeon at Cheffins on 01223 271958 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.