Developer unveils plans for up to 250 new homes near Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Plans for hundreds of new homes in Littleport as part of a mixed-use development have been unveiled.
A public consultation is to be held on plans to build up to 250 homes and 4,000sq m of businesses space between Woodfen Road and the A10.
Before a formal planning application is submitted in the autumn, a consultation event will be held at Littleport Village Hall to invite feedback.
Ely-based property consultants Cheffins has been co-ordinating the plans for the site, which will set out the main points of access, the general layout of buildings, open spaces and landscaping.
The outline application will seek permission for up to 250 residential properties – 30 per cent of which, the developer says, will be affordable housing.
The plan also includes around 4,000 sq m of business space, which is likely to include units for both light and general industrial use.
Ben Pridgeon, senior planner with Cheffins, said: “We’d like to invite local residents, businesses and stakeholders to comment on the draft masterplan for the site.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
“Experienced staff from Cheffins will be on hand at the consultation event to answer any questions and there will be the opportunity to complete feedback forms.
“The comments will then be used to help us shape our final proposals and address any issues that might arise.”
The consultation event will take place at Littleport Village Hall on July 13 between 4pm and 8pm.
For those who cannot attend, copies of the masterplan and exhibition boards will be available to view at the parish council offices.
Alternatively, people can also contact Ben Pridgeon at Cheffins on 01223 271958 or at email@example.com.