Developer unveils plans for 100 new homes in Haddenham
- Credit: Archant
A Cheshire-based developer has unveiled plans for 100 new homes in Haddenham.
Gladman has launched a website featuring detailed plans for a new development off Wilburton Road and the company is seeking the views of residents before submitting a formal planning application to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
The company’s plans concern almost eight acres of land that is currently open space and, as well as 100 houses, Gladman also intends to build a play area and public space complete with “recreational facilities”.
According to the company, 30 per cent of the new properties will be affordable housing.
It said: “Haddenham supports a range of services and facilities which are used by both residents of the village and those in the surrounding rural area.
“The site is well located with good access to existing community facilities and the local public transport network. The proposal will provide new homes to sustain the vitality and viability of the local community.”
As well as the proposed Haddenham development, Gladman also has planning applications in for housing developments in Lancashire, Yorkshire, Essex, Cheshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Efforts of Cambridgeshire’s Covid community champions recognised in Parliament
To find out more about the proposal, and to have your say, visit www.your-views.co.uk/haddenham or write to Your Views, Haddenham, Gladman House, Alexandria Way Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1LB.