Developer unveils plans for 100 new homes in Haddenham
- Credit: Archant
A Cheshire-based developer has unveiled plans for 100 new homes in Haddenham.
Gladman has launched a website featuring detailed plans for a new development off Wilburton Road and the company is seeking the views of residents before submitting a formal planning application to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
The company’s plans concern almost eight acres of land that is currently open space and, as well as 100 houses, Gladman also intends to build a play area and public space complete with “recreational facilities”.
According to the company, 30 per cent of the new properties will be affordable housing.
It said: “Haddenham supports a range of services and facilities which are used by both residents of the village and those in the surrounding rural area.
You may also want to watch:
“The site is well located with good access to existing community facilities and the local public transport network. The proposal will provide new homes to sustain the vitality and viability of the local community.”
As well as the proposed Haddenham development, Gladman also has planning applications in for housing developments in Lancashire, Yorkshire, Essex, Cheshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
To find out more about the proposal, and to have your say, visit www.your-views.co.uk/haddenham or write to Your Views, Haddenham, Gladman House, Alexandria Way Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1LB.