Developer forges ahead with plans for 100 new homes
- Credit: Archant
A Cheshire-based developer has submitted plans for 100 new homes in Haddenham.
Gladman has approached East Cambridgeshire District Council with plans for a new development off Wilburton Road.
The company’s plans concern almost eight acres of land that is currently open space and, as well as 100 houses, Gladman also intends to build a play area and public space complete with “recreational facilities”.
According to the company, 30 per cent of the new properties will be affordable housing.
It said: “Haddenham supports a range of services and facilities which are used by both residents of the village and those in the surrounding rural area.
You may also want to watch:
“The site is well located with good access to existing community facilities and the local public transport network. The proposal will provide new homes to sustain the vitality and viability of the local community.”
As well as the proposed Haddenham development, Gladman also has planning applications in for housing developments in Lancashire, Yorkshire, Essex, Cheshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, using the reference 14/00130/OUM, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk