Developer forges ahead with plans for 100 new homes
- Credit: Archant
A Cheshire-based developer has submitted plans for 100 new homes in Haddenham.
Gladman has approached East Cambridgeshire District Council with plans for a new development off Wilburton Road.
The company’s plans concern almost eight acres of land that is currently open space and, as well as 100 houses, Gladman also intends to build a play area and public space complete with “recreational facilities”.
According to the company, 30 per cent of the new properties will be affordable housing.
It said: “Haddenham supports a range of services and facilities which are used by both residents of the village and those in the surrounding rural area.
“The site is well located with good access to existing community facilities and the local public transport network. The proposal will provide new homes to sustain the vitality and viability of the local community.”
As well as the proposed Haddenham development, Gladman also has planning applications in for housing developments in Lancashire, Yorkshire, Essex, Cheshire, Oxfordshire and Derbyshire.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, using the reference 14/00130/OUM, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk