Developer eyes plot for up to 14 new homes
- Credit: Archant
A Surrey-based company has applied for planning permission to build 14 new houses in Soham.
Willowcharm Ltd wants to build a series of new homes, ranging from two to four-bedroom properties, on an acre of land off Guntons Close.
Sharmans Architecture told East Cambridgeshire District Council: “The development will provide much needed living accommodation that is needed within this local area and is aimed at the more affordable end of the housing market.
“It will help to create a more sustainable community where all ages can be represented. The re-use of the existing developed site represents an efficient use of the land and it will be further enhanced with a high quality of soft and hard landscaping.
“Flood risk will be minimised by means of a sustainable drainage strategy, with drainage attenuated on site prior to the overflow discharging to the local storm water system.”
You may also want to watch:
The architects say each house will have two car parking spaces and “amenity space”
In 2009, planning permission was granted for a development of 13 homes but the architects said that “with the economic recession” the project was never started and the planning permission lapsed.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk