Developer announces plans for new retirement home in Ely
A RETIREMENT home developer has unveiled plans to build a new apartment complex in Ely.
McCarthy & Stone is hoping to redevelop 30 Cambridge Road, with preliminary plans entered with East Cambridgeshire District Council looking at building 22 apartments.
The develop says that the apartments will be specially designed to help older people maintain their independence, including communal facilities and attractive landscaped gardens.
The proposal site is ideally located for housing for older people with local shops and amenities within close walking distance.
A public exhibition has been arranged to allow residents to view and comment on the proposals and is being held at St Mary’s Church Hall, in St Mary’s Street. Ely on August 29 from 4-7.30pm
A spokesman said: “The high quality plans are considering retaining part of the existing on-site building.
“Residents will be invited to provide their thoughts on the emerging proposals and the local feedback received will, where possible, be incorporated into the final plans.”
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
For further information, residents are encouraged to call McCarthy & Stone’s free phone information line number: 0800 298 7040, or visit the project’s dedicated website www.consultation-online.co.uk/ely which will be available to view from August 29