Developer announces plans for new retirement home in Ely
A RETIREMENT home developer has unveiled plans to build a new apartment complex in Ely.
McCarthy & Stone is hoping to redevelop 30 Cambridge Road, with preliminary plans entered with East Cambridgeshire District Council looking at building 22 apartments.
The develop says that the apartments will be specially designed to help older people maintain their independence, including communal facilities and attractive landscaped gardens.
The proposal site is ideally located for housing for older people with local shops and amenities within close walking distance.
A public exhibition has been arranged to allow residents to view and comment on the proposals and is being held at St Mary’s Church Hall, in St Mary’s Street. Ely on August 29 from 4-7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “The high quality plans are considering retaining part of the existing on-site building.
“Residents will be invited to provide their thoughts on the emerging proposals and the local feedback received will, where possible, be incorporated into the final plans.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
For further information, residents are encouraged to call McCarthy & Stone’s free phone information line number: 0800 298 7040, or visit the project’s dedicated website www.consultation-online.co.uk/ely which will be available to view from August 29