Developer announces plans for new retirement home in Ely
A RETIREMENT home developer has unveiled plans to build a new apartment complex in Ely.
McCarthy & Stone is hoping to redevelop 30 Cambridge Road, with preliminary plans entered with East Cambridgeshire District Council looking at building 22 apartments.
The develop says that the apartments will be specially designed to help older people maintain their independence, including communal facilities and attractive landscaped gardens.
The proposal site is ideally located for housing for older people with local shops and amenities within close walking distance.
A public exhibition has been arranged to allow residents to view and comment on the proposals and is being held at St Mary’s Church Hall, in St Mary’s Street. Ely on August 29 from 4-7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “The high quality plans are considering retaining part of the existing on-site building.
“Residents will be invited to provide their thoughts on the emerging proposals and the local feedback received will, where possible, be incorporated into the final plans.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
For further information, residents are encouraged to call McCarthy & Stone’s free phone information line number: 0800 298 7040, or visit the project’s dedicated website www.consultation-online.co.uk/ely which will be available to view from August 29