Developer announces plans for new retirement home in Ely
A RETIREMENT home developer has unveiled plans to build a new apartment complex in Ely.
McCarthy & Stone is hoping to redevelop 30 Cambridge Road, with preliminary plans entered with East Cambridgeshire District Council looking at building 22 apartments.
The develop says that the apartments will be specially designed to help older people maintain their independence, including communal facilities and attractive landscaped gardens.
The proposal site is ideally located for housing for older people with local shops and amenities within close walking distance.
A public exhibition has been arranged to allow residents to view and comment on the proposals and is being held at St Mary’s Church Hall, in St Mary’s Street. Ely on August 29 from 4-7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “The high quality plans are considering retaining part of the existing on-site building.
“Residents will be invited to provide their thoughts on the emerging proposals and the local feedback received will, where possible, be incorporated into the final plans.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
For further information, residents are encouraged to call McCarthy & Stone’s free phone information line number: 0800 298 7040, or visit the project’s dedicated website www.consultation-online.co.uk/ely which will be available to view from August 29