Depressed Man Who Said He Was Too Unwell For Work Session Went To The Pub
DEPRESSED Rhys Chapman felt too unwell to attend an unpaid work session – but was seen drinking alcohol in a pub the same day, magistrates heard this week. It has been reported that you were drinking alcohol when taking drugs for depression, which has no
DEPRESSED Rhys Chapman felt too unwell to attend an unpaid work session - but was seen drinking alcohol in a pub the same day, magistrates heard this week.
"It has been reported that you were drinking alcohol when taking drugs for depression, which has not gone in your favour," Chapman was told at Ely courthouse by presiding magistrate Harvey Harrison.
Chapman, 21, of Main Street, Witchford, admitted breaching his 150-hour unpaid work order by missing a session on August 30 last year, and failing to give an explanation within five days.
The court agreed to wipe out the work order he was given last July for an offence of affray. It was replaced with a four-month curfew order. Chapman must stay at home every day between 7pm and 7am and wear an electronic tag.
Solicitor Michael Judkins said Chapman had felt unable to carry out unpaid work on August 30, but friends had later persuaded him to go to the pub.
"His depression has got worse since then," said Mr Judkins. Chapman had given up a university course, and returned home.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
"This is an order he very much wanted to complete," he added. "But he cannot guarantee when the work could be done.