Deliveroo ranks top takeaways consumed by Ely’s fast-food lovers
- Credit: PA
Takeaway delivery service Deliveroo have ranked the top dishes consumed by fast-food lovers in Ely since its launch two months ago.
With 8.18pm being the most popular time the city is ordering a takeaway; most residents are opting for a Burger King, topping the most in-demand dish list.
Its Bacon Double Cheese XL Meal claimed the top spot, shortly followed by the iconic Boneless Banquet from KFC and a Pizza Hut ‘Feast for 1’.
Also in high demand are lattes from Costa Coffee and, one of the more obscure fan-favourites, Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles from One Stop.
Other data also reveals that Friday is the night most locals prefer to stay home with a Deliveroo.
You may also want to watch:
“In cities and towns across the country, Deliveroo is working closely with local restaurants to reach new customers,” said a spokesperson.
“In Ely, 60 per cent percent of the restaurants available are local independents, helping to create new revenue streams for homegrown culinary talent.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
“If any restaurants or grocers in Ely are wanting to join Deliveroo, they can apply here to become a partner.”
Deliveroo is offering all new customers £10 off their first order using the code: ELY10.
This is an offer for new customers only, with a minimum spend of £15 or more for one redemption per person.