CHILDREN at Witchford s Rackham Pre-school bade a fond farewell to play leader and teacher assistant Deidre Langley who has left after 22 years at the school. Mrs Langley, 52, said: It has been lovely and I do miss it very much. I will keep in touch with
CHILDREN at Witchford's Rackham Pre-school bade a fond farewell to play leader and teacher assistant Deidre Langley who has left after 22 years at the school.
Mrs Langley, 52, said: "It has been lovely and I do miss it very much. I will keep in touch with everyone, both staff and pupils. There have been lots of changes over the years and I have enjoyed my time there very much."
There won't be much time to put her feet up, though. Deidre is the mother of five children and has two grandchildren, with another on the way. She is helping one of her daughters set up a new business, Lunch Bunch, which will keep her busy for some time to come.
2087: Deidre Langley says goodbye to staff and pupils at Witchford's Rackham Pre-school after 22 years.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy