CHILDREN at Witchford s Rackham Pre-school bade a fond farewell to play leader and teacher assistant Deidre Langley who has left after 22 years at the school. Mrs Langley, 52, said: It has been lovely and I do miss it very much. I will keep in touch with
CHILDREN at Witchford's Rackham Pre-school bade a fond farewell to play leader and teacher assistant Deidre Langley who has left after 22 years at the school.
Mrs Langley, 52, said: "It has been lovely and I do miss it very much. I will keep in touch with everyone, both staff and pupils. There have been lots of changes over the years and I have enjoyed my time there very much."
There won't be much time to put her feet up, though. Deidre is the mother of five children and has two grandchildren, with another on the way. She is helping one of her daughters set up a new business, Lunch Bunch, which will keep her busy for some time to come.
2087: Deidre Langley says goodbye to staff and pupils at Witchford's Rackham Pre-school after 22 years.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections