CHILDREN at Witchford s Rackham Pre-school bade a fond farewell to play leader and teacher assistant Deidre Langley who has left after 22 years at the school. Mrs Langley, 52, said: It has been lovely and I do miss it very much. I will keep in touch with
CHILDREN at Witchford's Rackham Pre-school bade a fond farewell to play leader and teacher assistant Deidre Langley who has left after 22 years at the school.
Mrs Langley, 52, said: "It has been lovely and I do miss it very much. I will keep in touch with everyone, both staff and pupils. There have been lots of changes over the years and I have enjoyed my time there very much."
There won't be much time to put her feet up, though. Deidre is the mother of five children and has two grandchildren, with another on the way. She is helping one of her daughters set up a new business, Lunch Bunch, which will keep her busy for some time to come.
2087: Deidre Langley says goodbye to staff and pupils at Witchford's Rackham Pre-school after 22 years.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 7 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea