Deadline extended for entries in the Ely Business Awards - so don't delay and enter today
PUBLISHED: 16:59 21 July 2016 | UPDATED: 16:59 21 July 2016
Many companies have asked us to extend the deadline to give them a chance to complete their entry forms, so the website will now be open for submission until 11am on Wednesday July 27.
You can send your entry packs directly to Diana Lava by emailing email@example.com
To give an extra boost, here are some tips for submitting an award-winning entry from Sarah Scott-Foster, Archant events and exhibitions manager.
The following tips designed to help you with your entry.
• Read the criteria thoroughly and then go back and read it again -It may sound obvious to say read the criteria again and again but when writing a submission it is very easy to get side tracked or go off course. The submission needs to be factual and easy to read. The judges have a lot of information to ingest so it is important to make it as easy as possible to read.
• Get a second opinion - Writing a submission can be intensive and the person writing it can become too close to the project. Have someone proof read the sub-mission to get a second opinion, or leave it alone and go back to it after a couple of days. You will be surprised at how many changes you will make.
• Evidence - How good is your business, is it the best of the best? Well, judges will not believe it just because you say so – you need to put together a solid case that is backed up by evidence. Proof that what you are saying is true and accurate. You are able to supply two pieces of quantitative supporting documentation with your entry. This can be anything from graphs and charts to marketing literature or testimonials.
• Index your supporting information clearly and correctly, the judges only have limited time to read all of the entries. You need to make this as easy as possible. Trust me, they will remember the entries that are easiest to read.
• Tell the story, make it an inspiring read and one that is written from the heart. If you are passionate about your business this will come through and can be infectious. The judges are then more likely to remember your entry above any of the others.
• Use the submission process as a learning tool - Entering awards are a fantastic way for you to profile your business internally and many find the whole process a great eye opener. Even if you do not make the short-list, you will find the process of great strategic value to your business.
• Look at the categories and really think about the different areas within your business - Where you want your business to be and what you will do to achieve your goals.
• Document it well and you are half way to a winning submission already.
Remember you can enter up three categories, it is FREE to enter. Should you become a finalist or winner, use the logos to your best advantage, think in advance about how you will use the logos in your marketing campaigns. For example on your website homepage, on your e-mail signature, in your marketing literature, on your business cards - the list goes on.
Most of all enjoy the process, engage with your business and shout about your successes.
To enter visit: www.elybusinessawards.co.uk