Day of live music at The Kings Arms, Ely, is a hit with punters
- Credit: Archant
Sunshine, bands, burgers and beer made for the perfect recipe at RockFest - a full day of live music at the Kings Arms in Ely.
owners Bridget and Bobby have worked hard since taking over the pub in February 2016, fast making it the place to be for live music and other events throughout the year.
The pub has seen ska, rock, Motown and jazz acts grace the newly-refurbished back room and outdoor stage. The pub also draws crowds with clairvoyant evenings, quiz nights and a pop-up Indian vegan banquet takes place on June 8.
The Kings Arms kicked of its 10-hour music event with four-piece upcoming indie rockers Saltfen.
They warmed up punters on the outdoor stage, ready for regular faces around East Anglia, The 142’s band.
With the beer flowing and sun still shining, the frontman of Blue Thunder was clearly a hit with both kids and adults alike - who took to the car-park ‘dancefloor’ to show off some excellent air guitar and tambourine skills - with one child being invited on stage to play his ‘guitar’.
Blue Thunder carried on the music into the late afternoon before the top billed acts of the evening, Max Headroom and Indietones.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Max Headroom lead a stonking set of rock covers and even managed an encore before the Cambridge-based headliners, Indietones took to the stage. The Indietones left us with a superb 90-minute set of Britpop, indie and rock covers, finishing off a superb day of live music.
Tickets for ‘Skafest’, another all-day music event, which is being held on July 15, cost £12.50 for the day. Call 01353 656828 to book in advance.