Dawn chorus: Hear the most spectacular sounds in Cambridgeshire this bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Delight in the beautiful songs of native and migrant birds on an early morning walk with the RSPB this bank holiday Sunday.
To celebrate International Dawn Chorus Day, people around the world will be waking early to greet the rising sun and enjoy nature’s daily miracle: the dawn chorus.
At RSPB Fen Drayton Lakes, join assistant warden Luke Wake for a two-hour wander (4.45am till 7.30am) which will end in the reserve’s new welcome shelter with tea and pastry. Entry costs £6 for members and £8 for non-members.
To book call 01954 233260 or email email@example.com
Meanwhile at RSPB Lakenheath Fen, witness the wildlife of the Fen waking up from 4.45 am to 7.30am. Entry ranges from £4 to £10, including a continental breakfast and car parking.
You may also want to watch:
To book call 01842 863400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking for both dawn chorus walks is essential as places are limited.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut