Award for Ely design and technology teacher
- Credit: Archant
An Ely design and technology teacher has won an award for innovation and creativity.
David Bausor, lead practitioner of technology at Ely College, was presented with the award at the 19th Design and Technology Association Excellence Awards for his outstanding contribution.
Tony Ryan, chief executive of the Design and Technology Association, who organised the awards, said: “Dave is to be congratulated on his well-deserved award, and celebrated for going above and beyond what might be expected in his contributions to supporting the subject of design and technology.
“We know that employers across the advanced manufacturing and creative industries are already concerned about the real shortage of engineers and designers and we need more people like Dave Bausor and his team to inspire future generations.”
Ely College principal Richard Spencer said: “David has been with Ely College for over five years and his enthusiasm for teaching and sharing good practice is commendable.
You may also want to watch:
“This is fantastic for Dave, and fantastic for us to have colleagues recognised at a national level for their work and expertise.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car