Date set for inquest into death of Soham Village College student
- Credit: Archant
A date has been set for an inquest into the death of a Soham Village College student who died suddenly at home.
Sixteen-year-old Pasha Clark, who was described by teachers as a bright pupil with a passion for art, died on June 8 after collapsing at her home, in High Street.
An inquest into her death will be re-opened by the coroner for North and East Cambridgeshire, William Morris, in Huntingdon, on August 20 in a bid to determine the cause of her death.
The results of an autopsy carried out at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, in June came back inconclusive, with the results of toxicology tests still awaited.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to Pasha’s home shortly after 10.30pm on June 8, following reports that she had had collapsed and was unresponsive.
Despite the best efforts of emergency crews, however, the Soham Village College student was pronounced dead at the scene.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance and Cambridgeshire police were also called and arrived at 10.45pm.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
A spokesman for the force said that an investigation was carried out by officers who determined that there was no foul play involved.
He said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious and has been passed to the coroner.”
Pasha, who was a student at Soham Village College, was described by principal, Dr Carin Taylor, as a “bright” student with a passion for art.
Paying tribute, she said: “We were very sad to hear of the loss of Pasha Clark. Pasha was a year 11 student at Soham Village College, a bright individual who was particularly passionate about art. Our thoughts are with Pasha’s family and friends at this very difficult time.”