When is Ely’s Christmas lights switch on this year?
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Christmas Lights switch on is on its way – and it is set to be bigger than ever.
Over the last 16 years, the event run by the City of Ely Council and organised by volunteers has grown into one of the biggest events in the city’s calendar and this year’s event will take place on Friday December 1.
As ever, the streets of Ely will be transformed with multi-coloured lights and Father Christmas himself will arrive on a white horse-drawn carriage at 4.30pm.
Kicking off proceedings this year is KD Theatre and its cast of Beauty and the Beast, before a mystery guest will perform the big switch on.
Funfair rides begin at 3pm and an array of stalls will open at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Switch On Group is still looking for sponsors for the event. If you are interested, or for more information, contact Caroline on 07950 877884 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on