When is Ely’s Christmas lights switch on this year?
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Christmas Lights switch on is on its way – and it is set to be bigger than ever.
Over the last 16 years, the event run by the City of Ely Council and organised by volunteers has grown into one of the biggest events in the city’s calendar and this year’s event will take place on Friday December 1.
As ever, the streets of Ely will be transformed with multi-coloured lights and Father Christmas himself will arrive on a white horse-drawn carriage at 4.30pm.
Kicking off proceedings this year is KD Theatre and its cast of Beauty and the Beast, before a mystery guest will perform the big switch on.
Funfair rides begin at 3pm and an array of stalls will open at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Switch On Group is still looking for sponsors for the event. If you are interested, or for more information, contact Caroline on 07950 877884 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 3 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 4 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 5 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer