When is Ely’s Christmas lights switch on this year?
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Christmas Lights switch on is on its way – and it is set to be bigger than ever.
Over the last 16 years, the event run by the City of Ely Council and organised by volunteers has grown into one of the biggest events in the city’s calendar and this year’s event will take place on Friday December 1.
As ever, the streets of Ely will be transformed with multi-coloured lights and Father Christmas himself will arrive on a white horse-drawn carriage at 4.30pm.
Kicking off proceedings this year is KD Theatre and its cast of Beauty and the Beast, before a mystery guest will perform the big switch on.
Funfair rides begin at 3pm and an array of stalls will open at 4pm.
The Switch On Group is still looking for sponsors for the event. If you are interested, or for more information, contact Caroline on 07950 877884 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath