Date is set for Ely Apple Festival 2016
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s annual Apple Festival returns on October 15 in celebration of the great British apple.
There will be competitions, woodturning demonstrations, storytelling and activities running throughout the day including the popular longest apple peeling competition, apple and spoon races, and an apple shy.
The Watergull Orchards marquee will have a range of apples and juices on offer; there will also be a hog roast with apple sauce, pork and apple burgers and sausages.
Folk music and morris dancing will also be performed.
“The original idea of an apple celebration in Ely was the brainchild of Watergull Orchards, apple producers and previous traders at Ely’s farmers market,” say organisers.
You may also want to watch:
“They attended many other apple festivals in the region and thought it would be an excellent idea to do one in Ely.
“Our event has now developed into one of the best festivals in the area, providing interest and intrigue for all sorts of people.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
“Our experts from East of England Apples and Orchard Project will once again be in attendance to identity any apples that you care to bring along. Apparently, it is easier to identify if you can bring a long part of the stalk and/or leaf as well as the actual apple so if you have been mystified as to what kind of apples were growing in your garden all these years, bring a sample along.”
For more information email email@example.com or call 01353 662062.