Dashcam footage shows speeding in East Cambridgeshire village as tougher action is called for
- Credit: Archant
Residents of Witchford are pressing for speed restriction measures – as dashcam footage shows a car doing in excess of the 30mph limit while overtaking another.
Concerns over speeding, inconsiderate parking and lack of enforcement by traffic officers have been ongoing issues in the East Cambridgeshire village in recent years.
This footage at the junction of Main Street - which is a 30mph zone - has sparked further upset among villagers who say they want speed calming measures in place as the village is being used as a ‘rat-run’.
It is believed that the police have been made aware of the incident.
A post submitted with the video read: “Witchford has a problem with being used as a rat run.
You may also want to watch:
“Locals up in arms and pressing parish council for speed restriction measures especially around the school.”
A Community Speed Watch was set by volunteers a few years ago in a bid to deter drivers from speeding through the area.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’