Darts star Wayne Mardle to appear at Soham exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Darts ace Wayne Mardle is set to appear at an exhibition event taking place in Soham next month.
Mardle, a four-time world championship semi-finalist, will appear at the Comrades Club on Saturday, July 11, to entertain guests and throw a few legs while recounting stories from his time as a professional darts players.
Following in the footsteps of an event held at the club last December, organiser Peter Cousins said: “Last year Eric Bristow and Keith Deller gave us great entertainment enjoyed by all; this year with Wayne Mardle we are sure to be amazed by his darting antics.
“Known as Hawaii 501, Wayne is a Premier League legend. He is simply one of darts’ all-time great entertainers and widely regarded as the best ‘exhibitionist’ in world darts.
“This venture is all about bringing big names and great nights to Soham. Sporting entertainment of this quality is hard to come by, and I’m very pleased to be putting this on right at our doorstep.”
Tickets are available to purchase by contacting Peter on 07939498604 or going online at pcevents.co.uk
Doors open at 6pm and the night kicks off at 7pm with the semi-finals and final of the Soham Darts Open tournament (early rounds played on June 27), with Wayne Mardle on stage around 8pm. Wayne will take on local tournament winners with further playing places raffled on the night.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 3 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
Any darters who fancy their chance to win cash, trophies and exhibition night tickets can also compete in the early rounds of this year’s Soham Darts Open.
In the first running of this tournament for more than a decade, first rounds will take place through the day on Saturday, June 27, with semi-finalists playing out on July 11 on stage at the Wayne Mardle exhibition.
For more information or to purchase exhibition tickets and tournament entries contact Mr Cousins or go online.