Daredevil fundraiser Rachael skydives to raise £600 for horse and pony rescue centre
- Credit: Archant
A daredevil fundraiser has gone above and beyond to raise £600 for a local horse and pony rescue centre.
Horse lover Rachael Forster decided to raise money for the Isleham Horse and Pony Rescue Centre through a sponsored skydive, after she adopted one of the centre’s horses last year.
She said: “I only discovered the sanctuary in October last year when I went to see about loaning one of the horses.
“To start with, there wasn’t a horse that suited my needs or ability, until Skye arrived later that month.
“Underweight, neglected and scared, this beautiful boy became by rehabilitation project. Six months on, he’s thriving again thanks to [centre manager] Wendy’s efforts and my love and devotion towards him.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Forster says that she’d always wanted to perform a skydive, and took the opportunity to live her dream and raise money at the same time.
“Since the age of five, I’ve wanted to jump out an aeroplane,” she said. “When I began to work with Skye, both he and the sanctuary became my reason to complete that 33-year-old ambition.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
“Thanks to my friends, family, and other volunteers at the yard, I managed to raise £600 for this very worthy cause. I am very proud to have been able to raise these most needed funds.”
For more information on the Isleham Horse and Pony Rescue Centre, visit http://www.islehamhorserescue.co.uk/.