Dare Devil Charity Workers Will Take To The Skies
A TEAM of daredevil charity workers are taking to the skies next week – to raise money for a more sedate form of transport. Neil Perriment, Shirley Johnson and Nick Blencowe, who work for Ely and Soham Dial-a-Ride, are hoping to raise money for a new min
A TEAM of daredevil charity workers are taking to the skies next week - to raise money for a more sedate form of transport.
Neil Perriment, Shirley Johnson and Nick Blencowe, who work for Ely and Soham Dial-a-Ride, are hoping to raise money for a new minibus to add to their fleet of six by launching themselves out of a plane on July 22.
The charity, offers those who are elderly, incapacitated or simply live off the beaten track the chance to book a ride for doctor's appointments, shopping trips, or even visits to far-flung friends across the other end of the district.
East Cambridgeshire District council pays an annual sum to the charity but it relies on fundraising and donations to keep it going.
If you would like to sponsor the team, call Nick on 01353 661161.
For more details of the new service planned for Soham, turn to page X.
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
left to right Nick Blencowe, Shirley Johnson and Neil Perriment of Dial-a-Ride prepare to take to the skies.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE 4124HD0708