Dare Devil Charity Workers Will Take To The Skies
A TEAM of daredevil charity workers are taking to the skies next week – to raise money for a more sedate form of transport. Neil Perriment, Shirley Johnson and Nick Blencowe, who work for Ely and Soham Dial-a-Ride, are hoping to raise money for a new min
A TEAM of daredevil charity workers are taking to the skies next week - to raise money for a more sedate form of transport.
Neil Perriment, Shirley Johnson and Nick Blencowe, who work for Ely and Soham Dial-a-Ride, are hoping to raise money for a new minibus to add to their fleet of six by launching themselves out of a plane on July 22.
The charity, offers those who are elderly, incapacitated or simply live off the beaten track the chance to book a ride for doctor's appointments, shopping trips, or even visits to far-flung friends across the other end of the district.
East Cambridgeshire District council pays an annual sum to the charity but it relies on fundraising and donations to keep it going.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the team, call Nick on 01353 661161.
For more details of the new service planned for Soham, turn to page X.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
left to right Nick Blencowe, Shirley Johnson and Neil Perriment of Dial-a-Ride prepare to take to the skies.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE 4124HD0708