Dancing with dementia – new sessions in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A new and unique movement and dance project for those living with dementia and their families starts in Ely next month.
The weekly sessions – on Tuesday afternoons start on November 24 – are aimed at people living with dementia, their families and carers, as well as people living with age related memory problems.
A collaboration between Dance Moves and Cambridgeshire County Council, Dancing with Dementia focuses on enjoying movement and wellbeing, together with building relationships and resilience.
The sessions will be at Ely Community Centre between 2pm and 3.30pm and will cost £10 per couple or £5 per person.
Advance booking is not required. To find out more, call 01223 699190
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact Filipa Pereira-Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07525 626507.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’