Dancing the night away at Lis Every’s annual mayor’s ball gives local volunteers £4,000 boost
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 people danced the night away at councillor Lis Every’s annual charity mayor’s ball, raising £4,000 in the process.
The party packed out the Maltings until midnight on Saturday, welcoming MP Lucy Frazer and her husband, dignitaries, business representatives, rotary club members and staff at East Cambridgeshire District Council as well as friends and family.
“There was a real cross section of local people,” said Mayor of Ely Lis Every.
“We had a raffle, tombola and an auction led by David Palmer.
“In total we’ve raised £4,000 which will go towards training and supporting local volunteers.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I’ve worked with so many volunteers over the years that I’ve wanted to support them as much as possible.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation