Dancing and fun at a jazz night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Taking you through time to the roaring twenties is the Rotary Club of Ely which is holding a Jazz Band Ball.
The ball is on November 26 in Needham’s Hall at Ely Community College.
Music will be provided by Barry Tyler Original Dixieland Jazz Band Barry is well known in the area having been in the trad world with this band for some thirty years.
He is joined by vocalist and banjo-player Binky Pollock.
Doors open at 7.30 for an 8pm start, with tickets at £10.
You may also want to watch:
This is the first jazz club event in Ely for years, and if successful, Rotary may consider hosting it on a regular basis.
Burrows Bookshop in High Street Passage and Wade’s Opticians have tickets to sell, or direct from Eric Grant on 01638 780827.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
For more interest about Rotary visit elyrotary.co.uk.
New members are welcome from all walks of life, male or female, husband/wife teams, working/retired, or about to retire.
Lunchtime meetings are held every week on a Wednesday at Witchford Playing Fields Association hall.