Dancers have a spring in their step for debut show
- Credit: Archant
An East Cambridgeshire dance group held its first ever show on Saturday.
More than 40 members of the Horizon Dance Academy took to the stage in Littleport Village Hall to show off a series of routines they have been perfecting since the school was launched, in October.
The performances included ballet, tap, jazz and musical theatre and the youngsters, aged from four to eight-years-old, played to a packed audience of friends and family.
Club coach Stephanie Bean, from Ely, said: “I was so incredibly proud of every single dancer, for many it was their first performance and they really did a truly fabulous job.
“We are a fairly new dance school and I am delighted with what the girls and boys have achieved in such a short period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“The parents also deserve a massive shout out as without their support and commitment Horizons Academy wouldn’t be turning into the lovely community that it is.”
For more information about the club, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Facebook.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on