Emotive performance in Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel by The Lantern Dance Theatre Company
- Credit: Archant
A performance of “grace and truth” was reflected by The Lantern Dance Theatre Company as they took the spotlight at Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel.
It was the group’s 14th annual lunchtime show in the stunning surroundings on Friday afternoon (August 17).
‘Spiritus’ reflected on sculptures in the cathedral and elsewhere, set to Puccini’s meditative string quartet movement ‘Crisantemi’.
Mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse, was also present.
He said: “Wonderful lunchtime performance today in the Lady Chapel by Helen Pettit’s Lantern Dance Theatre Company. It was ‘full of grace and truth’ and a privilege to be there. Thank you again.”
Lantern was founded in 2005 by dancer and choreographer Helen Pettit as a repertory company to perform her new work.
Since then Helen has made many new pieces for Lantern, from short numbers to full length ballets.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 9 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
Helen runs a full timetable of classes in ballet, jazz and balletone in Ely.