Emotive performance in Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel by The Lantern Dance Theatre Company
- Credit: Archant
A performance of “grace and truth” was reflected by The Lantern Dance Theatre Company as they took the spotlight at Ely Cathedral’s Lady Chapel.
It was the group’s 14th annual lunchtime show in the stunning surroundings on Friday afternoon (August 17).
‘Spiritus’ reflected on sculptures in the cathedral and elsewhere, set to Puccini’s meditative string quartet movement ‘Crisantemi’.
Mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse, was also present.
He said: “Wonderful lunchtime performance today in the Lady Chapel by Helen Pettit’s Lantern Dance Theatre Company. It was ‘full of grace and truth’ and a privilege to be there. Thank you again.”
You may also want to watch:
Lantern was founded in 2005 by dancer and choreographer Helen Pettit as a repertory company to perform her new work.
Since then Helen has made many new pieces for Lantern, from short numbers to full length ballets.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
Helen runs a full timetable of classes in ballet, jazz and balletone in Ely.