Dad threatened with crowbar by burglars
- Credit: Archant
A man holding his baby daughter was threatened with a crowbar by burglars at his home in Soham.
The incident happened at about 6.45pm yesterday (December 11) in Sand Street when the victim heard noises coming from his garage outside.
He went to investigate holding his one-year-old daughter, and found two men in balaclavas in the garage.
He challenged them, and they made off empty-handed after dropping a hedge trimmer and threatening him with the crowbar.
They got into a silver Ford Mondeo which was later found burned out near Lakenheath.
You may also want to watch:
The man and his daughter were not injured but the man was shaken by what happened.
PC Paul Symonds, investigating, said: “There were people passing by when this incident happened and I would like to speak to them as they could have important information.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“I would also like to speak to anyone who saw the Mondeo leaving the Soham area.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Symonds on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.