Dad’s tribute to his "beautiful girls" in murder case
THE devastated father of murdered teenage sisters Jasmine and Davina Kumari-Baker has spoken of his love for his daughters. The girls were found dead at their mother s home at 2 The Crofters, Stretham yesterday morning (Wednesday). Post mortem examinatio
THE devastated father of murdered teenage sisters Jasmine and Davina Kumari-Baker has spoken of his love for his daughters.
The girls were found dead at their mother's home at 2 The Crofters, Stretham yesterday morning (Wednesday).
Post mortem examinations are taking place today and the girls' mother, Rekha Kumari-Baker, has been arrested on suspicion of their murder.
IT worker David Baker, who lives in Cambridge, said: "I loved my girls, Davina and Jasmine. They meant everything to me and I loved them with all my heart.
You may also want to watch:
"They have been taken from me and my whole family is in pain. They are irreplaceable. I just want them back.
"We have so many good memories. We all used to sing together and go shopping. I was so proud to walk down the street with my two beautiful daughters. They were so clever.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
"Davina was just finishing her GCSEs and wanted to become a social worker. Jasmine was academically gifted and worked hard at school.
"Both the girls had a sharp sense of humour and made me laugh. Last weekend we watched the film Grease on television. They were acting out the parts and singing along. They knew every word to the film.
"I hope they are at peace. I would like to thank my family who have rallied around and offered so much support.
"I will not be making any other statements and I ask that I and my family are left alone at this time to grieve.