Dad's Army Actor Was Guest Of Honour At Ely Care Home Fete
RESIDENTS at an Ely care home were visited by Dad s Army actor Frank Williams at their annual summer fete. Lily House, in Lynn Road, had a World War Two theme for this year s fund-raising event. Mr Williams, who played the Rev Timothy Farthing in the popu
RESIDENTS at an Ely care home were visited by Dad's Army actor Frank Williams at their annual summer fete.
Lily House, in Lynn Road, had a World War Two theme for this year's fund-raising event. Mr Williams, who played the Rev Timothy Farthing in the popular BBC series, was invited to attend by a family friend, whose wife lives in the home.
Elsie Stock, administrator at Lily House, said: "We raised just over �1,000 on the day and our company has matched �500, which is fantastic. The money raised is used to take the residents out on trips and also helps pay for entertainers to come to the home.
"Frank Williams was a really lovely gentleman. His friend's wife lives at Lily House, so he asked if he would like to be the special guest at this year's fete. He really enjoyed the day."
You may also want to watch:
9536HD0809: Left to right are: Frank Williams, aka Reverend Timothy Farthing from Dad's Army, Julie Cooper, Nellie Upsher, Sheila Blake and Nella David.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments