Dad's Army Actor Was Guest Of Honour At Ely Care Home Fete
RESIDENTS at an Ely care home were visited by Dad s Army actor Frank Williams at their annual summer fete. Lily House, in Lynn Road, had a World War Two theme for this year s fund-raising event. Mr Williams, who played the Rev Timothy Farthing in the popu
RESIDENTS at an Ely care home were visited by Dad's Army actor Frank Williams at their annual summer fete.
Lily House, in Lynn Road, had a World War Two theme for this year's fund-raising event. Mr Williams, who played the Rev Timothy Farthing in the popular BBC series, was invited to attend by a family friend, whose wife lives in the home.
Elsie Stock, administrator at Lily House, said: "We raised just over �1,000 on the day and our company has matched �500, which is fantastic. The money raised is used to take the residents out on trips and also helps pay for entertainers to come to the home.
"Frank Williams was a really lovely gentleman. His friend's wife lives at Lily House, so he asked if he would like to be the special guest at this year's fete. He really enjoyed the day."
You may also want to watch:
9536HD0809: Left to right are: Frank Williams, aka Reverend Timothy Farthing from Dad's Army, Julie Cooper, Nellie Upsher, Sheila Blake and Nella David.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go