Dad's Army Actor Was Guest Of Honour At Ely Care Home Fete
RESIDENTS at an Ely care home were visited by Dad s Army actor Frank Williams at their annual summer fete. Lily House, in Lynn Road, had a World War Two theme for this year s fund-raising event. Mr Williams, who played the Rev Timothy Farthing in the popu
RESIDENTS at an Ely care home were visited by Dad's Army actor Frank Williams at their annual summer fete.
Lily House, in Lynn Road, had a World War Two theme for this year's fund-raising event. Mr Williams, who played the Rev Timothy Farthing in the popular BBC series, was invited to attend by a family friend, whose wife lives in the home.
Elsie Stock, administrator at Lily House, said: "We raised just over �1,000 on the day and our company has matched �500, which is fantastic. The money raised is used to take the residents out on trips and also helps pay for entertainers to come to the home.
"Frank Williams was a really lovely gentleman. His friend's wife lives at Lily House, so he asked if he would like to be the special guest at this year's fete. He really enjoyed the day."
You may also want to watch:
9536HD0809: Left to right are: Frank Williams, aka Reverend Timothy Farthing from Dad's Army, Julie Cooper, Nellie Upsher, Sheila Blake and Nella David.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000