Dab hand with a spatula? Sign up for Ely’s very first ‘bake off’
Ely is set to host its very own Bake Off next month and organisers are on the lookout for budding bakers to take part.
The competition is open to amateur bakers across Ely and the surrounding villages and will take place at Poets House Hotel, in Ely, on September 21.
The competition will feature six categories including macaroons and meringues, cakes and cupcakes, sweet pastries, chocolate creations, biscuits and cookies and young baker for children up to 13.
Entrants will be required to drop off their bakes for judging to Poets House between 10am and 11am on the morning of the competition. Judging will take place between 11am and 1pm and will be based solely upon taste and presentation.
All entrants are then encouraged to return to Poets House along with friends, family and supporters for 1.30pm for announcement of the results.
You may also want to watch:
The Writing Room at Poets House will be open to the general public from 2pm for them to come along and see and taste or even take away some of the bakes in return for a donation.
The event will be held in support of the Arthur Rank Hospice.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 3 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 4 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
To enter, contact Platinum Properties on 01353 664728 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Entries will close on August 20.