Dab hand with a spatula? Sign up for Ely’s very first ‘bake off’
Ely is set to host its very own Bake Off next month and organisers are on the lookout for budding bakers to take part.
The competition is open to amateur bakers across Ely and the surrounding villages and will take place at Poets House Hotel, in Ely, on September 21.
The competition will feature six categories including macaroons and meringues, cakes and cupcakes, sweet pastries, chocolate creations, biscuits and cookies and young baker for children up to 13.
Entrants will be required to drop off their bakes for judging to Poets House between 10am and 11am on the morning of the competition. Judging will take place between 11am and 1pm and will be based solely upon taste and presentation.
All entrants are then encouraged to return to Poets House along with friends, family and supporters for 1.30pm for announcement of the results.
The Writing Room at Poets House will be open to the general public from 2pm for them to come along and see and taste or even take away some of the bakes in return for a donation.
The event will be held in support of the Arthur Rank Hospice.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
To enter, contact Platinum Properties on 01353 664728 or e-mail email@example.com for an application form. Entries will close on August 20.