D yu knw this man?
WITHIN minutes f the Ely Standard hitting the streets last week, a reader recgnised the image f a wman captured n CCTV in the city s Spar shp and alerted plice. The reader pened her newspaper and saw the wman s phtgraph with an appeal fr anyn
WITHIN minutes f the Ely Standard hitting the streets last week, a reader recgnised the image f a wman captured n CCTV in the city's Spar shp and alerted plice.
The reader pened her newspaper and saw the wman's phtgraph with an appeal fr anyne wh recgnised wman t cme frward.
Officers wanted t trace her in cnnectin with the theft f a handbag.
The reader was able t give them a name and they are making enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Pc Will Creasey said: "We can't thank the Ely Standard enugh. We managed t get this result within 10 minutes f the Ely Standard cming ut. This was a great success."
This week, Ely plice wuld like readers help in tracing a man caught n CCTV at the C-p in Main Street Littleprt.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Officers want t talk t him abut the theft f beef dinners frm the shp.
The man was caught n camera entering the stre at 8.15pm n February 15. He is seen t put tw beef dinners under his jacket, and he went t the cunter and paid fr a pack f cigarettes, but left withut paying fr his meals, accrding t plice.
INFO: If yu have any infrmatin, cntact Ely Plice Statin n 0845 4564564 r Crimestppers annymusly n 0800 55511.