UK's top wartime act to perform in Ely this week
- Credit: D-DAY DARLINGS
The UK’s top wartime act, The D-Day Darlings, will perform in Ely this week.
Three key members will bring their new stage show to The Maltings for a matinee show on Friday September 17.
The show follows their success on the 2018 series of Britain’s Got Talent and their debut album 'I’ll Remember You', which charted at number 15 in the official album charts and receiving a BRIT Break through Award.
The group was formed 10 years ago by founder and lead singer Katie Ashby, after Katie recognised the importance of this music and how it resonates with people like no other genre of music.
Katie said: “To see how these songs affect people and how the melody and lyrics evoke such memories was truly eye-opening for me.
You may also want to watch:
"It was this that made me want to build a career singing these timeless songs and bring back memories for so many people."
Doors open at 11.30am for a 12.10pm show start.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 3 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Spuds up: Potato open day brings 100 people to Ely
- 9 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 10 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
Book tickets online via https://www.themaltingsely.org.uk/events/event?id=72