Cyclists plan to raise �2012 by cycling 20.12 miles to comemmorate the 2012 Olympics
A TEAM of novice cyclists have signed up for the Olympic inspired Gold Challenge, cycling from Ely to Cambridge to raise funds for the Arthur Rank Hospice.
The cyclists from recruitment specialists, Labour-Tech Recruitment and their care agency division, Healthcare Anglia, will cycle the 20.12 miles from their Ely head office to the hospice on Sunday July 22nd.
Their challenge is being supported by local cycle shop City Cycle Centre in Ely who have provided Labour-Tech and Healthcare Anglia with cycle safety helmets for the event.
Keith Wilson, Managing Director at Labour-Tech Recruitment Ltd, who is also part of the cycling team, said: “We are fully supportive of the amazing work that the Arthur Rank Hospice provides to patients and their friends, family and carers and it’s a cause that is very close to our hearts.
“The Labour-Tech team wanted to fully embrace the Olympic theme of the challenge by raising �2012 for the hospice by cycling 20.12 miles. We really hope that local businesses will help us reach our goal to help the hospice continue their good work.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the Labour-Tech/Healthcare Anglia team and help raise money for the Arthur Rank Hospice please visit their Justgiving website page at Justgiving website page at www.justgiving.com/teams/labourtechHCAbikers
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby