Cyclist involved in serious collision on A142 Fordham Road, Newmarket, has died in hospital
- Credit: Archant
The cyclist involved in a serious collision on the A142 Fordham Road near Newmarket last week has died, police have said.
The 25-year-old, who is yet to be named by police, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital last week in a life-threatening condition after suffering a serious head injury in a collision with a DAF lorry near Newmarket.
His death comes in the same week that 34-year-old Zoltan Domotor was killed in a collision with a BMW 525 on Barbara Stradbroke Avenue, in Newmarket.
On January 30, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police were called by the ambulance service at 6.45am on Thursday, January 26, to reports of a collision between a DAF lorry and a bicycle on the A142 Fordham Road.
“The cyclist – a 25-year-old man - suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment, but has subsequently died.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw either the lorry or bicycle immediately prior to it, was asked to contact the serious collision investigation team on 101 quoting reference CAD 44 of January 26.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team