Cyclist involved in serious collision on A142 Fordham Road, Newmarket, has died in hospital
- Credit: Archant
The cyclist involved in a serious collision on the A142 Fordham Road near Newmarket last week has died, police have said.
The 25-year-old, who is yet to be named by police, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital last week in a life-threatening condition after suffering a serious head injury in a collision with a DAF lorry near Newmarket.
His death comes in the same week that 34-year-old Zoltan Domotor was killed in a collision with a BMW 525 on Barbara Stradbroke Avenue, in Newmarket.
On January 30, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Police were called by the ambulance service at 6.45am on Thursday, January 26, to reports of a collision between a DAF lorry and a bicycle on the A142 Fordham Road.
“The cyclist – a 25-year-old man - suffered a serious head injury and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment, but has subsequently died.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or who saw either the lorry or bicycle immediately prior to it, was asked to contact the serious collision investigation team on 101 quoting reference CAD 44 of January 26.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on