Cyclist, 74, killed in Burwell smash
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday.
The incident took place at about 4.30pm on Swaffham Road near the Devil’s Dyke car park.
The man suffered fatal injuries after he collided with a Suzuki SV650 motorcycle ridden by a 41-year-old man, who suffered serious injuries.
Ambulance crews took the 41-year-old man to Papworth Hospital in Huntingdonshire where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Francis Crawford from the Cambridgeshire Road’s Policing Unit, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either the cyclists or the motorcyclist prior to the collision to contact police.”
Anyone with information can contact Pc Crawford on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face