Cyclist, 74, killed in Burwell smash
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday.
The incident took place at about 4.30pm on Swaffham Road near the Devil’s Dyke car park.
The man suffered fatal injuries after he collided with a Suzuki SV650 motorcycle ridden by a 41-year-old man, who suffered serious injuries.
Ambulance crews took the 41-year-old man to Papworth Hospital in Huntingdonshire where he remains in a critical condition.
Pc Francis Crawford from the Cambridgeshire Road’s Policing Unit, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either the cyclists or the motorcyclist prior to the collision to contact police.”
Anyone with information can contact Pc Crawford on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry