Cyclist, 74, killed in Burwell smash
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday.
The incident took place at about 4.30pm on Swaffham Road near the Devil’s Dyke car park.
The man suffered fatal injuries after he collided with a Suzuki SV650 motorcycle ridden by a 41-year-old man, who suffered serious injuries.
Ambulance crews took the 41-year-old man to Papworth Hospital in Huntingdonshire where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Francis Crawford from the Cambridgeshire Road’s Policing Unit, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either the cyclists or the motorcyclist prior to the collision to contact police.”
Anyone with information can contact Pc Crawford on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution