Cyclist, 74, killed in Burwell smash
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday
A 74-YEAR-old cyclist was killed following a collision with a motorcycle in Burwell on Wednesday.
The incident took place at about 4.30pm on Swaffham Road near the Devil’s Dyke car park.
The man suffered fatal injuries after he collided with a Suzuki SV650 motorcycle ridden by a 41-year-old man, who suffered serious injuries.
Ambulance crews took the 41-year-old man to Papworth Hospital in Huntingdonshire where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Francis Crawford from the Cambridgeshire Road’s Policing Unit, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision or either the cyclists or the motorcyclist prior to the collision to contact police.”
Anyone with information can contact Pc Crawford on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash