Cutlacks Ely gives front window to community first responder groups to display information
Cutlacks in Ely has given its front window to local community first responder groups so they can display information about what it takes to become a CFR and what the role entails.
Community first responders attend incidents sent to them via the East Anglian Ambulance service on a voluntary basis.
They are dispatched to emergencies where instant medical attention can make a crucial difference to the outcome of the patient.
Public donations can also be made at Cutlacks in order for the charity to purchase up to date equipment and fund the medical bags which community first responders carry with them.
The cost of one bag can run into thousands as one of the main requirements is a defibrillator amongst other items.
You may also want to watch:
Some groups share these medical bags due to the cost of providing each community first responder with their own.
Cutlacks is on 19-21 Fore Hill, CB7 4AA.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’