‘Cupid’ Mark raises funds for charity and spreads a little love on Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
An Ely florist raised more than £200 for charity by spending Valentine’s Day dressed as Cupid.
Mark Smith, of Simply Flowers, spent Saturday serving customers and carrying out deliveries dressed as the winged messenger of love.
Mr Smith, who runs the Market Street shop with his wife, Lorraine, collected £216 on the day and is hoping to add to that total in the days and weeks ahead.
The funds will be donated to the Stroke Association.
Mr Smith said: “Fingers crossed, I’m off to a flying start with this sponsored Cupid dress up and I am so grateful to those that have supported me. I currently have £216 raised which is amazing.”
Two years ago, Mr Smith dressed up as Dracula on Halloween and raised about £800 for Woodgreen Animal Shelter.
He is planning to raise more funds for the Stroke Association by holding a charity line dance at Upwell Village Hall, in Upwell, on November 8.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
Tickets can be purchased by e-mailing email@example.com or calling the shop on 01353 664454.
You can also donate online at www.justgiving.com/charitylinedance/