‘Cupid’ Mark raises funds for charity and spreads a little love on Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
An Ely florist raised more than £200 for charity by spending Valentine’s Day dressed as Cupid.
Mark Smith, of Simply Flowers, spent Saturday serving customers and carrying out deliveries dressed as the winged messenger of love.
Mr Smith, who runs the Market Street shop with his wife, Lorraine, collected £216 on the day and is hoping to add to that total in the days and weeks ahead.
The funds will be donated to the Stroke Association.
Mr Smith said: “Fingers crossed, I’m off to a flying start with this sponsored Cupid dress up and I am so grateful to those that have supported me. I currently have £216 raised which is amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
Two years ago, Mr Smith dressed up as Dracula on Halloween and raised about £800 for Woodgreen Animal Shelter.
He is planning to raise more funds for the Stroke Association by holding a charity line dance at Upwell Village Hall, in Upwell, on November 8.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
Tickets can be purchased by e-mailing email@example.com or calling the shop on 01353 664454.
You can also donate online at www.justgiving.com/charitylinedance/