‘Cupid’ Mark raises funds for charity and spreads a little love on Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
An Ely florist raised more than £200 for charity by spending Valentine’s Day dressed as Cupid.
Mark Smith, of Simply Flowers, spent Saturday serving customers and carrying out deliveries dressed as the winged messenger of love.
Mr Smith, who runs the Market Street shop with his wife, Lorraine, collected £216 on the day and is hoping to add to that total in the days and weeks ahead.
The funds will be donated to the Stroke Association.
Mr Smith said: “Fingers crossed, I’m off to a flying start with this sponsored Cupid dress up and I am so grateful to those that have supported me. I currently have £216 raised which is amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
Two years ago, Mr Smith dressed up as Dracula on Halloween and raised about £800 for Woodgreen Animal Shelter.
He is planning to raise more funds for the Stroke Association by holding a charity line dance at Upwell Village Hall, in Upwell, on November 8.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Tickets can be purchased by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the shop on 01353 664454.
You can also donate online at www.justgiving.com/charitylinedance/