Hollywood glamour at Ely Cathedral’s Crown & Gowns exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A piece of Hollywood featuring costumes, props and jewels from award-winning Hollywood movies is coming to Ely tomorrow.
The Crown & Gowns exhibition at Ely Cathedral will feature a range of stunning items from films such as The King's Speech and popular Netflix production The Crown.
Behind-the-scenes images and memorabilia from dramas filmed on location at the cathedral will also feature in a fabulous collection of items.
The magnificent 14th century Lady Chapel provided the perfect setting to showcase some of the most iconic gowns and out?ts from The Other Boleyn Girl, Macbeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age.
These productions bought global award-winning actors to the Cathedral including Cate Blanchett, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, Michael Fassbender, Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will be available on the door with standard cathedral admission fee including entrance to the exhibition at £8.
It will run from Saturday, February 1 to Sunday, March 15 from Monday to Saturday 9.30am-4pm and Sunday 12-3.45pm.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 7 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow