Crown Court for firearms case
SOHAM man Stuart McLatchie was in tears as he was led out of court on Thursday after being remanded in custody facing firearms charges. McLatchie is accused of converting an imitation firearm into an operative firearm, and possessing expanding bullets. An
SOHAM man Stuart McLatchie was in tears as he was led out of court on Thursday after being remanded in custody facing firearms charges.
McLatchie is accused of converting an imitation firearm into an operative firearm, and possessing expanding bullets.
An allegation that he was found in possession of a handgun, a prohibited weapon with a barrel of less than 12 inches long, can only be heard in the crown court.
So Ely magistrates sent him to Cambridge Crown Court to be dealt with, and remanded him in custody until a preliminary hearing tomorrow (Friday).
You may also want to watch:
McLatchie, 22, of Rosebay Gardens, was dressed in a light checked shirt, blue tie and dark trousers for his five-minute hearing at the courthouse.
He is accused of converting a deactivated firearm into an active firearm in Soham between May 1 and June 19, and possessing hollow tipped lead expanding ammunition, which is military ammunition, between the same dates. He is further accused of purchasing or acquiring hollow tipped lead expanding ammunition between May 1 and June 19, and possessing the handgun between the same dates.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
His Legal Aid was extended.