Drink driver drove child, 7, whilst nearly five times over limit
- Credit: Archant
A woman who drove a seven-year-old child whilst nearly five times over the drink drive limit has been sentenced.
Jurate Rimgailiene was spotted by police driving a yellow Nissan Juke on the A1198 near Caxton with no rear lights on June 24.
Officers tried to get Rimgailiene to pull over, but continued driving around the area in a near 30-minute pursuit before stopping in Cambourne at around 11.45pm.
The 34-year-old woman blew 172 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath, the legal limit being 35.
Police also found a seven-year-old boy sat in the back of the car.
Rimgailiene, of Crocus Grove, Peterborough, pleaded guilty to drink driving and failing to stop, and was given a 12-week suspended sentence for 12 months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on July 28.
She was also disqualified from driving for 32 months.
- 1 Resident ‘disappointed’ at lack of care given to country park maze
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Footwear retailer donates 100 pairs of school shoes to foodbank
- 4 Council 'completely ignoring' worsening footpath issue, says hairdresser
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Air cadet, corporal Jay Carter, flies solo for first time
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Driver has lucky escape from Waterbeach car crash fire
You can report drink or drug driving to Cambridgeshire Police through a 24/7 confidential hotline, 0800 032 0845.