Woman cyclist killed in A1307 lorry crash near Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Credit: PA
A lorry driver has been arrested following the death of a woman cyclist who was killed in a collision near Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge this morning.
The woman, who is in her 20s, was on her bike when she was struck by a lorry just before 8am.
The A1307 has been closed at its junction with Fendon Road and is expected to remain so for several hours.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and to use the Trumpington entrance to the hospital.
An investigation has begun and the driver of the lorry, a 27-year-old man from Hertford, Hertfordshire, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving.
He has been taken to Huntingdon Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or who may have dashcam footage to get in touch.
Call Sgt Tom Daly via 101 or contact police via webchat https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw quoting incident 66 of today (October 7).
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’