Man, 70, knocked to ground, punched and kicked during home break-in
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
A 70-year-old man was knocked to the ground, repeatedly punched and kicked by five men who broke into his house in Manea.
The men attempted to gain access to Witcham Farm Cottage in Purls Bridge Drove at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon (March 20).
The victim's son, who was also at the house, was also assaulted. He suffered a deep laceration to his head and required hospital treatment.
Police have since released CCTV images of four of the men they want to identify in connection with the aggravated burglary.
The group searched the property and outbuildings before making off in a white Ford Transit van.
It is believed the group were seen at about 2pm in Manea village with the white transit and another vehicle described as a black 4x4.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 2 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022
- 10 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby