Man, 70, knocked to ground, punched and kicked during home break-in
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
A 70-year-old man was knocked to the ground, repeatedly punched and kicked by five men who broke into his house in Manea.
The men attempted to gain access to Witcham Farm Cottage in Purls Bridge Drove at about 3pm on Saturday afternoon (March 20).
The victim's son, who was also at the house, was also assaulted. He suffered a deep laceration to his head and required hospital treatment.
Police have since released CCTV images of four of the men they want to identify in connection with the aggravated burglary.
The group searched the property and outbuildings before making off in a white Ford Transit van.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the group were seen at about 2pm in Manea village with the white transit and another vehicle described as a black 4x4.
Anyone without internet access should call 101.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’