Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A drink driver arrested in the Fens was more than four and a half times the legal limit.
The 157 reading was taken from a man involved in a crash on Thursday night in Guyhirn near Wisbech
“Needless to say, he was arrested after being 4.5 times the limit,” said a post by police on their Fenland Facebook page.
The driver’s reading of 157 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath compares to the legal limit of 35 microgrammes.
One post to police said: “How could you even walk, let alone drive”.
You may also want to watch:
Using the figure of 157 over the breathalyser kit, police noted that “157 isn't the number of drink drivers we've arrested so far this year -that number is 392”.
The reading is one of the highest recorded in Cambridgeshire this year.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Another post to police said they were “amazed how so many people drink drive- no sympathy for anyone who's caught over the limit”.