iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
Thieves stole 12 iPads and 10 laptops from an East Cambridgeshire school during a break-in that has left its headteacher angry and in disbelief.
In a letter to parents, Waterbeach Primary School headteacher Jane Green said: "It is with a very heavy heart that I write to tell you that, over the weekend, the school has been victim to a burglary.
She said that as well as stealing the iPads and laptops, other items of value were taken.
The burglars also damaged property to get to the securely stored items.
She added: “This was a disappointing and frustrating theft – I find it hard to understand why anyone would target a primary school.
You may also want to watch:
"The equipment is all covered by insurance, but it is the children’s education which will suffer until we can replace the items which were taken.”
The school is now appealing for anyone with information about the crime to come forward.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank