iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
Thieves stole 12 iPads and 10 laptops from an East Cambridgeshire school during a break-in that has left its headteacher angry and in disbelief.
In a letter to parents, Waterbeach Primary School headteacher Jane Green said: "It is with a very heavy heart that I write to tell you that, over the weekend, the school has been victim to a burglary.
She said that as well as stealing the iPads and laptops, other items of value were taken.
The burglars also damaged property to get to the securely stored items.
She added: “This was a disappointing and frustrating theft – I find it hard to understand why anyone would target a primary school.
You may also want to watch:
"The equipment is all covered by insurance, but it is the children’s education which will suffer until we can replace the items which were taken.”
The school is now appealing for anyone with information about the crime to come forward.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate