Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- Credit: Thames Valley Police
A woman wanted by police accused of killing her two children in a crash on the M1 could have links to Huntingdon.
Mary McCann, 35, from Derby, failed to appear at Aylesbury Crown Court on Friday (September 10).
She was due to answer two charges of causing death by dangerous driving.
Her 10-year-old son Smaller and four-year-old daughter Lilly died after a collision with an HGV near Milton Keynes on August 9.
They were killed after the family's Vauxhall Astra collided with the lorry between junctions 14 and 15 of the northbound carriageway just after 11pm.
Police said Ms McCann has links to Derby, Huntingdon, Luton, the Northolt and Uxbridge areas of London and Ireland.
Sgt Dominic Mahon, of the joint operations roads policing unit, said: "We are appealing for the public's help in locating Mary McCann after she failed to appear at court in connection with a fatal road traffic collision in Milton Keynes.
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 5 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land
- 9 ‘Fantastic’ week at musical theatre workshop
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
"We believe that it may be possible for McCann to try to alter her appearance."
Ms McCann is described as being about 5ft 1in (1.54m) tall, of medium build, with brown hair and blue eyes.
Police said she also speaks with an Irish accent.
According to the BBC, on Friday, Judge Francis Sheridan said he wanted “ports and airports on alert” for her.
Ms McCann and another child passenger were injured in the crash.
It is believed the children’s funerals had been held last week.
Anyone who has seen her should call Thames Valley Police on 101, and quote reference number 43210356500.