Men arrested for carrying knuckle-duster and baton
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Two men have been arrested for carrying a baton in Huntingdon.
The pair were apprehended by Cambridgeshire Police today after officers discovered a baton hidden inside a vehicle in Huntingdon.
In Peterborough, officers also found a baseball bat and a knuckle-duster on another man during a stop and search.
Cambridgeshire Police in a Facebook post said: "Convinced he wasn’t on the way to a baseball game, officers seized the weapons and gave him a night in custody instead.
“Today’s top tip: if you carry a knuckleduster or baton, don’t be surprised if you get arrested.
“That’s what happened to two men in their 40s stopped by police in Huntingdon.
"Officers suspected something wasn’t quite right and found this baton hidden inside the vehicle.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
“Following a change in the law it is now illegal to own certain weapons, including knuckledusters, even if kept on private property.”