Teenagers arrested after man is hospitalised in serious assault
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Constabulary
Two teenage boys have been arrested after an assault which left one man in hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
There’s been a large police presence in Littleport today (June 15) following the incident at The Furrow on Monday, June 14.
The boys, aged 16 and 18, were arrested on suspicion of assault and have since been released on bail until later next month.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “If you live in or near The Furrow, Littleport then you might’ve noticed an increased police presence over the past couple of days.
“Yesterday we arrested two boys aged 16 and 18 on suspicion of assault following multiple reports of violence in the street.
“One man was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
“The pair have been released on bail until next month. Our patrols in the area will be continuing as the investigation progresses.”
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 10 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?