Stolen car ended up 'flying 10ft into cornfield' near Mildenhall
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
A stolen car which has been missing for weeks has been found ditched in a cornfield.
The white Honda was stolen from a property near Mildenhall a few weeks ago.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were called shortly after 7.45am today, Thursday, August 12, following reports that a stolen car – Honda Accord – had been found in a field at Red Lodge.
"The car keys were stolen during a burglary on July 23 and they were then used overnight to steal the car from outside a property in Beck Row.
"Extensive searches, in conjunction with partnership agencies, were carried out to locate the driver but they could not be traced.
"Recovery has been arranged and enquiries are ongoing."
Any witnesses, who may have noticed the incident or manner of driver, should contact Suffolk police, quoting incident number: 37/40457/21
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
Fire crews helped by using their drone to help search for the vehicle.