Stolen car ended up 'flying 10ft into cornfield' near Mildenhall
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
A stolen car which has been missing for weeks has been found ditched in a cornfield.
The white Honda was stolen from a property near Mildenhall a few weeks ago.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were called shortly after 7.45am today, Thursday, August 12, following reports that a stolen car – Honda Accord – had been found in a field at Red Lodge.
"The car keys were stolen during a burglary on July 23 and they were then used overnight to steal the car from outside a property in Beck Row.
"Extensive searches, in conjunction with partnership agencies, were carried out to locate the driver but they could not be traced.
"Recovery has been arranged and enquiries are ongoing."
Any witnesses, who may have noticed the incident or manner of driver, should contact Suffolk police, quoting incident number: 37/40457/21
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
Fire crews helped by using their drone to help search for the vehicle.